Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Week One Complete

I cannot believe it has been one week already since my little girl was put in the Plavik Harness.  She is 11 weeks old today!  The past week has been tumultuous to say the least, but it looks like things are starting to look up.  Here are some things I learned this week:

1. Colleen is one tough cookie- the harness barely phases her any more.  Even during her one hour of "freedom" daily, she still holds her legs in that position.  Once she realizes she can fully extend them, her face lights up with joy and she happily kicks for an hour.
2. Baby Legs Leggings are the bomb.  What a great concept- leggings for babies.  These work extremely well- even if your baby is not in a harness.  Keeps the baby nice and warm, and easy diaper access.  Bonus!
3. Just because a baby is in a harness doesn't mean she is exempt from leaks, blowouts (no, not the flat tire kind), puke, or spit up.  Be prepared.  It is inevitable.
4. Teaching a baby who hates to sleep on her back is hard work, but is rewarding.  In a way the harness is a blessing because it is forcing me to do this now instead of waiting.
5. Pack and Plays are also the bomb.  Especially if you have a two story house.  It serves as a changing area, play area, and sleep area all in one.  And it is so easy to pack up.

I seriously should be getting compensated for these endorsement "plugs".

6. The harness is evil, but necessary.  You will hate it more than your baby does.
7. Babycenter.com has a great group for Hip Dysplasia.  Actually there are great groups for just about anything on there.  I belong to the HD board, the Breast Feeding board, and the Birth Group board.  It's a great way to converse with people going through what you are going through all the while maintaining your sanity (at least trying to).
8. Onesies are a girl's best friend.
9. Just because I hate something (our new swing, disposable diapers, washing the same 2 Halo sacks over and over) doesn't mean Colleen does.   I need to remember that as long as she is happy, I should be too and not worry so much about her.
10. I love my baby more now than ever- I am amazed at each new step of growth, and am amazed at her resiliency.    And although I worry about everything, I know she will be ok.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment